Data Protection Policy (inc Cookies) – Global Surf Adventures – surfing holidays,surf trips,surf camps,learn to surf
Global Surf Adventures of 7 Trerice Holdings, Trerice, Newquay, Cornwall, TR8 4PH understands and respects the importance of your privacy and we are committed to safeguarding your personal information. In providing our service to you, we must collect personal information from you and make subsequent use of it as detailed below.
We use Google Analytics to track users movements around our site, in order to improve our website. For example we can see what pages are popular and which are not; and may need updating. These cookies DO NOT store personal data. Most browsers automatically allow ‘cookies,’ however usually your web browser will give you the option to disable ‘cookies’ should you wish to do so.
What are Cookies?
Cookies’ are a feature of web browser software which allows web servers to temporarily store information within your browser. ‘Cookies’ allow us to obtain information regarding users movements within our site, which essentially helps us to provide you with a better user experience and tailor our services to your individual needs. We don’t store or record any of your passwords or other highly sensitive data.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
These are cookies controlled by other applications such as Facebook. We do not have control over how they operate, but you can make a choice about whether you want them to track you by adjusting your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox etc) settings. (See below on Controlling Cookies)
1) – Facebook 2) - Twitter
CONTROLLING COOKIES and OPTING OUT
If you want to control or delete cookies the most effective way to do this is through your internet browser settings. Instructions for cookie management in different types of browser can be found here. (Opens the website – www.aboutcookies.org)
More information about the legislation and how it should be applied by businesses can be found at the Information Commissioners Officer website – www.ico.gov.uk
OTHER DATA COLLECTION
We will only collect personal information from you by specifically asking for it:-
- When you make a booking with us, in person, over the telephone or via our internet booking facilities;
- When you register with us for newsletters, email updates, enter competitions or take part in surveys and customer feedback;
- When you write, fax, telephone or email us to make an enquiry.
WHAT INFORMATION WILL WE COLLECT?
We may collect all or some of the following information relating to you or other members of your party:-
- names and contact details;
- credit/ debit card or other payment details;
- special requirements such as those relating to any disability or medical condition which may affect the chosen holiday arrangements;
- dietary restrictions (which may disclose your religious beliefs);
- travel preferences;
WHAT WILL WE DO WITH IT?
(1) For the purpose of providing you with our services, we may disclose the information to the providers of the services making up your holiday arrangements (who could be located outside the UK/EEA).
(2) In order for you to travel overseas, it may be mandatory (as requested government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose your information for immigration, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
(3) We may need to disclose our customer list including any personal information relating to you to a third party who acquires or attempts to acquire all or substantially all of the asset/ stock in our company or our website.
(4) We may also disclose information to organisations who act as “data processors” on our behalf, or to other organisations who perform business functions on our behalf, some of whom are outside the UK/EEA. These functions include administration, providing services (and contacting you where necessary), customer care, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or our group companies), risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
(5) We may from time to time contact you with information about special offers, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. If you do not wish to receive such information, you may ask us in writing not to receive it.
(6) We may pass your details to other parties who offer goods or services which we feel may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to have your details passed on in this way, you may ask us in writing not to do so.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have appropriate security measures in place to protect your information. Outside the European Economic Area, controls on data protection may not be as wide as the legal requirements in this country. The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We exclude our liability for personal data lost in transmission to the website.
WHAT CAN I DO?
If you do not agree to our use of the information as set out above, you should inform us as soon as possible by writing to us at:-
email@example.com – Global Surf Adventures, 7 Trerice, St Newlyn East, Newquay, Cornwall, TR8 4PH
You may ask us in writing for a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information. We aim to respond to you within 21 days from the date of request.
To ensure that we carry out your instructions accurately, to help improve our service and in the interest of security, we may monitor and/or record: (1) your telephone calls; and (2) customer transactions and activities on our website. All recordings are and shall remain our sole property.
UPDATES AND CHANGES
As our privacy statement may change due to developments in the law we encourage you to re read this from time to time so you are aware of any changes in how we gather and use your personal information.
Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available on request.